Peachtree Dunwoody Dental Group provides a variety of dental services to the metro Atlanta area. The information below outlines many, but not all of our services. If you have any questions about the dental services we offer, please contact us today.
Preventive Oral Hygiene
Professional cleanings (prophylaxis), annual x-rays and exams are the most effective ways ensure the long-term health of your smile. Peachtree Dunwoody Dental Group uses advanced cleaning equipment and x-rays to provide patients with a thorough cleaning and oral examination.
In addition to the standard preventative visit, we also offer periodontal cleanings to ensure the health of the tissues and bones supporting your teeth, and sealants, the application of a clear resin over the biting surfaces of teeth, to prevent decay.
With today’s advanced technologies and cosmetic techniques, you can have the smile you always wanted. Peachtree Dunwoody Dental Group provides a variety of options for enhancing your smile including:
- Porcelain Veneers – ultra-thin shells of ceramic material bonded to the front of the tooth
- Dental Bonding – tooth-colored material applied to the tooth surface to correct stained or damaged teeth
- Opalescence Boost Bleaching – an in-office procedure that whitens teeth in just one hour
- Laser treatment for cosmetic gum recontouring and some periodontal procedures
Peachtree Dunwoody Dental Group specializes in several procedures including:
- Root Canal Therapy – a procedure in which an abscessed tooth’s pulp chamber is cleaned out, disinfected, and filled with a permanent filling in an effort to save the tooth
- Extractions – the removal of a tooth or teeth as necessary for a variety of reasons including severe decay or infection
- Implants – artificial replacements for natural tooth roots. During this procedure, a post is implanted into the patient’s jaw bone. A crown, bridge, or denture is then placed over the implant to restore function and aesthetics.
- Tooth Colored Fillings – available for patients who are concerned about the appearance of a standard filling in their mouth
- All-Porcelain Crowns – Crowns are used to address a variety of dental issues and to improve the outward appearance of teeth. All-porcelain crowns provide full coverage for a tooth and can be matched in color to a patient’s existing teeth.
- Partial and Full Dentures – removable, custom-made replacements for missing teeth
The dentists and hygenists at Peachtree Dunwoody Dental Group know children require special consideration while at the dentist. Please be assured that we will treat your child with extra care during all visits. Our hygenists are trained to work with children of all ages.
We recommend your child visit us for the first time at age 2 1/2 and then every 6 months following that visit. Some parents like to bring their kids to see us earlier — specifically, when they cut their first tooth. We’re of course happy to take a look and discuss proper dental care for toddlers with you at this time.
Additionally, since we treat both children and adults, several parents schedule their appointments in conjunction with their child’s appointment for convenience.
Note: Laughing gas is available upon request for patients who need additional assistance to relax.